Friday, November 25, 2005

preview post

Coming soon: dagosan's simply senryu . You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll tell all your friends.

What is senryu? I've "told" (with lots of links) here and here. Right now, I'll "show" a few that were penned in this Thanksgiving season:


smells like Thanksgiving --
two dads smoke cigars
behind the garage

[Nov. 20, 2005]




men washing dishes -
an early alarm
ends her Thanksgiving dream

[Nov. 24, 2005]



with friends like these . . .
a Thanksgiving doggie bag
for the road

[Nov. 25, 2005]

You can find a special senryu section,
with poems from some of the best writers
in the genre, in each edition of Simply Haiku
magazine. It's edited by Alan Pizzarelli, who
gives this Introduction to senryu.

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger david giacalone said...

Hey, Dustin, you weren't supposed to find this website yet.

But, I'm glad you did. Thanks for being my first Commentor. I hope to be open for business soon.

 
At November 28, 2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Yay! New poetry blog! Good luck! I look foward to seeing more!

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home