Monday, January 27, 2014

a special birthday for a special friend

6oth birthday
her smile
still reaches her eyes

  It's Roberta Beary's 60th birthday today. Her youthful energy and attitude are a tribute to her great genes and sense of self.   If you're the only haiku-senryu-tanka fan who is not familiar with Roberta's work, or with my admiration for a special friend, see the f/k/a posting "the unworn necklace: roberta beary's gems", from 2007.   As often happens, when I reread that posting this morning, I found a passage I had forgotten that I wrote that still resonates, and is quite appropriate to say again to Roberta today:
[P]lease don’t feel that you have to “suffer for your art” this next decade. Don’t visit the Dark Side just for your fans’ sake. But, do take us wherever life brings you.

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2014 7:37 PM, Blogger Roberta Beary said...

just saw this David! thanks for your friendship; you are one of the good guys!

 
At April 18, 2014 9:45 PM, Blogger david giacalone said...

Hello, Roberta. Nice serendipity. I don't get to my site every week and just happened to stop by to see if there were any [non-spam] comments that needed attending. What a treat to find you had just left here!

The next thing on my to-do list this evening was/is sending you and Yu an Easter email. I hope you're about to have a lovely Easter holiday. Your favorite guy seems to like to take you to very nice places (or, do you take him) for special events. So, have a great time and tell me about your recent travels when you get a chance.

Happy Birthday again, Young Lady.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home