Sunday, March 05, 2006

an occasional senryu journal

Yesterday, I made an important decision about
this weblog. Coincidentally, this is the 100th
post here at simply haiku. With that milestone,
I'm going to stop trying to post a senryu here
every day.

You see, I've concluded that keeping up two daily
haikai weblogs has reduced the overall quality of
my poetry -- and, despite any contrary appearances,
I really do have a sense of pride.
deadline
dead ...............
lines ......................
From now on, then, I'm going to post once a day
at dagosan's haiku diary. If that poem seems
worth sharing at an all-senryu website, I'll post
it here, too.

So, thanks for stopping by here the past few months,
and come back to see additions or browse the Archives.
Naturally, dagosan hopes you'll visit his haiku diary often.


no Comments posted --
she won't stop
leaving me alone




first date
she groans with pleasure
at my pun

2 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sad, but every writer needs to take time to step back, rejuvenate, and come back better than before. I'll be looking for your amazing work on your other sites.

 
At March 06, 2006 5:23 PM, Blogger david giacalone said...

Thanks, Aurora. Please do check out dagosan at the two others sites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home